I love to fish ultra light for mini species with gobies being one of my favourite. Although not the most exciting of fish, I am always delighted to catch them.
The Set Up
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
“Amazon links below”
Size 14 Hooks:- https://amzn.to/31pHNWB
Split Shot:- https://amzn.to/31AD8R8
Fladen Vermz:- https://amzn.to/3oskeos
- Cast out and retrieve extremely slowly. This method allows you to cover a large area of water.
- Drop the rig down the side of harbor walls. Subtly give the lure movement with small flicks of the rod tip.
- Work the lure around fish folding structures.
- Fish can sometimes be found in rock pools. Tempt them out of their hiding spots with slight movements of the lure.
- The DropshotWhy use a Dropshot rig? The Dropshot rig was originally designed for vertical fishing in deep water, but over time this highly effective rig has been adapted to fish in … Continue reading The Dropshot
- Herring fishing guideHerring are one of my favourite fish to catch while ultra light fishing. When targeted with an appropriately light setup these little fish will fight furiously and truly give you … Continue reading Herring fishing guide
- Do I need a landing net? A net is both better for the fish and the fishermen . So it is highly recommended you bring an appropriate net with you on your ultra light fishing trip … Continue reading Do I need a landing net?
- LRF Bass GuideBass are a highly sort after fish, they are visually striking, powerful and highly regarded amoungs anglers. On ultra light tackle these fish will truly test an anglers ability and … Continue reading LRF Bass Guide
- Big LRF BassA big bass caught duration an ultra light fishing session at my local dock at night. I headed out around 9pm where I intended to catch some bass and do … Continue reading Big LRF Bass