The ultra light tackle makes the smallest of fish feel like monsters and the larger fish become unforgettable epic battles of skill and determination.
The simplicity, low cost of entry, paired with the fact you can fish this discipline just about anywhere makes LRF (light rock fishing) extremely accessable to all.
I hope that this site will inspire people to explore the wonderful and exciting world of ultra light fishing.
It’s a truly wonderful hobby and it’s my mission to share my passion with the world.
- The DropshotWhy use a Dropshot rig? The Dropshot rig was originally designed for vertical fishing in deep water, but over time this highly effective rig has been adapted to fish in … Continue reading The Dropshot
- Herring fishing guideHerring are one of my favourite fish to catch while ultra light fishing. When targeted with an appropriately light setup these little fish will fight furiously and truly give you … Continue reading Herring fishing guide
- Do I need a landing net?A net is both better for the fish and the fishermen . So it is highly recommended you bring an appropriate net with you on your ultra light fishing trip … Continue reading Do I need a landing net?
- LRF Bass GuideBass are a highly sort after fish, they are visually striking, powerful and highly regarded amoungs anglers. On ultra light tackle these fish will truly test an anglers ability and … Continue reading LRF Bass Guide
- Big LRF BassA big bass caught duration an ultra light fishing session at my local dock at night. I headed out around 9pm where I intended to catch some bass and do … Continue reading Big LRF Bass
Posts A to Z