The ultra light tackle makes the smallest of fish feel like monsters and the larger fish become unforgettable epic battles of skill and determination.
The simplicity, low cost of entry, paired with the fact you can fish this discipline just about anywhere makes LRF (light rock fishing) extremely accessable to all.
I hope that this site will inspire people to explore the wonderful and exciting world of ultra light fishing.
It’s a truly wonderful hobby and it’s my mission to share my passion with the world.
- What’s in my fishing bag?My main bits box I use a double sided HTO light game box. Slit foam on one side and compartments on the other In the slit foam compartment i keep … Continue reading What’s in my fishing bag?
- Old School Paraffin LampI want to review a recent perchance. My lighting of choice is usually a headlamp, but with winter approaching and a touch of nostalgia I decided to purchase a stormlanten. … Continue reading Old School Paraffin Lamp
- Cheap white bugsy lures from Ali expressBeen having a ton of success with really cheap white bugsy lures I purchased from Ali Express. I was recommended them by a fellow fisherman and thought it was worth … Continue reading Cheap white bugsy lures from Ali express
- The DropshotWhy use a Dropshot rig? The Dropshot rig was originally designed for vertical fishing in deep water, but over time this highly effective rig has been adapted to fish in … Continue reading The Dropshot
- Herring fishing guideHerring are one of my favourite fish to catch while ultra light fishing. When targeted with an appropriately light setup these little fish will fight furiously and truly give you … Continue reading Herring fishing guide
Posts A to Z
- Big LRF Bass
- Cheap DIY rod protector
- Cheap white bugsy lures from Ali express
- Do I need a landing net?
- German Shepherds first Fishing adventure
- Gobies LRF Style
- Herring fishing guide
- LRF Bass Guide
- LRF Mini Species
- Old School Paraffin Lamp
- The Dropshot
- The Importance of Fishing Log Books
- Ultra Light Fishing Budget Gear Guide
- What’s in my fishing bag?