I am a huge fan of fishing log books.
I log things such as venue information, date, time of day, weather, water conditions, bait / lures used, tactics used, fish caught e.t.c.
They allow me to build up a picture of the places I fish throughout the year. It serves as a reference guide for the following year/years.
I am old fashion and use a standard notebook and pen.
To some this may seem excessive but I find that it takes my fishing to the next level. It allows me to build up an accurate picture of what works at even given time.
I urge you all to make a simple log book that you can refer to for years.
Pre formatted log books
If starting with a simple blank note book and pen doesn’t sound appealing and would like something slightly more professional which can be found on various sites such as Amazon and Ebay.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
- What’s in my fishing bag?My main bits box I use a double sided HTO light game box. Slit foam on one side and compartments on the other In the slit foam compartment i keep … Continue reading What’s in my fishing bag?
- Old School Paraffin LampI want to review a recent perchance. My lighting of choice is usually a headlamp, but with winter approaching and a touch of nostalgia I decided to purchase a stormlanten. … Continue reading Old School Paraffin Lamp
- Cheap white bugsy lures from Ali expressBeen having a ton of success with really cheap white bugsy lures I purchased from Ali Express. I was recommended them by a fellow fisherman and thought it was worth … Continue reading Cheap white bugsy lures from Ali express
- The DropshotWhy use a Dropshot rig? The Dropshot rig was originally designed for vertical fishing in deep water, but over time this highly effective rig has been adapted to fish in … Continue reading The Dropshot
- Herring fishing guideHerring are one of my favourite fish to catch while ultra light fishing. When targeted with an appropriately light setup these little fish will fight furiously and truly give you … Continue reading Herring fishing guide